DIY PB&J Uncrustables Recipe
My kids absolutely LOVE eating Smuckers Uncrustables Sandwiches. But they are close to $1 EACH Sandwich when you buy them from the Grocery Store. They only take seconds to make and you can get almost a DOZEN for that same price! Let me show you how super easy it is to make them in about 10 minutes flat!
You might want a Sandwich Cutter and Sealer Tool or you can use a Widemouth Ball Jar too.
How fun! Make your own Uncrustables Sandwiches! Use your favorite peanut butter and jelly!
The key is to NOT to put too much peanut butter or jelly. Overfilling will make the bread come un-stuck and it will leak out the sides. One side gets the peanut butter only, and the other side gets the PB and the Jelly too! I know, I know… what am I gonna do with all those left over crusts? My friend Kalyn shows you how to make super quick Homemade Bread Crumbs!
I like to “Flash Freeze” them first by putting them on a parchment lined cookie sheet for an hour before putting them in a ziplock back. Then they will come in super handy on a morning when you forgot to make the kids’ lunches!
- Sandwich Cutter and Sealer
- Peanut Butter
- Sandwich Bags
- Make sure you get bread that is large enough to trim without hitting the crust.
- For each sandwich, get two slices of bread.
- Spread peanut butter on each slice of the bread, being careful to stay in the center and avoid where the cutting and sealing occurs.
- Apply jelly to the middle of one slice.
- Place the peanut butter only slice on top of the peanut butter and jelly slice (peanut butter side down).
- Place cutter on top of sandwich and press down firmly (make sure crust is completely cut away).
- Remove crust while cutter is still in place.
- Make sure you have pressed down completely on the blue center sealing piece.
- Lift off cutter and place sandwich in sandwich bag and place in freezer.
Here are some more recipes you might enjoy:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe
- Grape All Natural Frozen Pops Recipe
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas