Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar
Looking for a really pretty and really yummy dessert to serve for Valentine’s Day? This Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar is perfect to serve that day or any day!
With just six simple ingredients and a little over an hour of time, you’ll have a pretty dessert to serve your guests!
Sprinkling the sliced strawberries with sugar not only sweetens them but makes a delicious juice too!
Cutting the angel food cake into 1″ cubes makes them just the right size 🙂
- 1 lb Angel Food Cake or Pound cake
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup cold Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- Reserve 4 strawberries for garnish.
- Remove stems and cut up remaining strawberries and put in medium bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut cake into 1″ cubes.
- Combine heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer to zippered bag and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Clip corner of bag to allow for piping.
- In each jar layer cake, then strawberries, then whip cream and then repeat these layers.
- Take reserved strawberries and use for garnish on each jar.
More recipes you might be interested in:
Texas Roadhouse Rolls & Butter Those rolls at Texas Roadhouse are like a little bit of heaven! It doesn't take long after the waitress brings them to the table for the basket to be empty! Now you can have those same rolls at home! The ingredient list for these...read more
Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Shake THM Fuel Pull Recipe We started drinking this shake almost every day when we started reading the Trim Healthy Mama book. It is a delicious smoothie that packs protein and substance to keep me not hungry for a few hours. Yet it is...read more
If you are planning a trip to Disney, you are probably going to spending a lot of time in the parks. While Disney is a magical place, there are so many other attractions and places to visit that are near Disney to give you fun memories to make with your family! If...read more
Getting souvenirs at any Disney World Park is where you will spend the most amount of money! I realize sometimes you want to take a small piece of the magic from Disney World, it’s only natural to want to pick up a souvenir to remember your trip. Plus, there are...read more