Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
It’s approaching the time of year for all things pink and red…Valentine’s Day! Try this simple recipe for making Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies and watch the smiles you get when your family and friends see these pink cookies!
Using the strawberry cake mix makes these cookies super simple to create.
If you want to make them look pretty, place some extra chips on the top of each scoop of cookie dough. Besides, there’s no such thing as too much chocolate!
The recipe calls for 10 minutes of baking time. You may want to start watching them after 9 minutes because you don’t want these cookies to brown on the edges.
The cooling process will help these very soft cookies to firm up a bit. Then place them on a plate lined with a pretty white doily and watch the smiles appear!
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and vanilla by hand. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form dough. Stir vigorously until all of the pockets of dry cake mix are gone. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded balls of dough (about 2 tablespoons each) onto prepared baking sheet. Place a few more chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough balls if for looks, if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes – do not let the cookies get brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes; they will be very soft at first. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy: