Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake Recipe
Did your mom make poke cake when you were little? I can remember red ones, yellow ones, green ones and orange ones. Didn’t matter the flavor, we devoured them!
Poke around in your pantry and fridge and you’ll probably find most, if not all, of the ingredients for this easy cake.
After making the cake and letting it cool, it’s time to poke the holes. My mom always used the handle of her wooden spoon for our cakes.
After you’ve dissolved the Jell-O, pour it slowly and evenly over the top of the cake. It will be so pretty later when you cut into it.
The extra little layer of yumminess comes from the Cheesecake Pudding Mix. After it’s been spread over the cake and then you’ve chilled the cake for about an hour, you can frost it with whipped topping and sliced strawberries.
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 cup boiling Water
- 1 pkg Strawberry Jello
- 1/2 cup cold Water
- 1/2 cup frozen sliced Strawberries in Sugar, thawed
- 1 large box instant Cheesecake Pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare the cake following box directions.
- Coat sides and bottom of a 9×13 dish with shortening.
- Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Poke holes all over top of cake.
- Add boiling water to Jello mix in small bowl and stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water and pour over cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whisk together milk and pudding mix until smooth.
- Add in sliced strawberries.
- Pour pudding evenly over the cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Top with whipped topping and garnish with fresh strawberries if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
Homemade Pop Tarts Recipe with Nutella Great treat for Saturday mornings while watching cartoons! The kids (and the grown ups too) will love these scrumptious Nutella homemade pop tarts fresh from the oven! The ingredients are so simple! They're ones I have in my...read more
Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Shake THM Fuel Pull Recipe We started drinking this shake almost every day when we started reading the Trim Healthy Mama book. It is a delicious smoothie that packs protein and substance to keep me not hungry for a few hours. Yet it is...read more
Did you know that over 80% of Americans admit to wasting money in one way or another? Are you throwing money away? The majority blame dining out as the biggest culprit (me included), but that is something we know we do that can waste money. What about those things we...read more
If you are living on one income, you might think you’ll never get out of debt. For years I wasted time plugging along and paying our minimum debt payments thinking it was an impossible dream to get it paid off. Now I’m here to tell you that it is very possible to pay off debt even while only one person is earning a full-time income.read more