Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake Recipe
Did your mom make poke cake when you were little? I can remember red ones, yellow ones, green ones and orange ones. Didn’t matter the flavor, we devoured them!
Poke around in your pantry and fridge and you’ll probably find most, if not all, of the ingredients for this easy cake.
After making the cake and letting it cool, it’s time to poke the holes. My mom always used the handle of her wooden spoon for our cakes.
After you’ve dissolved the Jell-O, pour it slowly and evenly over the top of the cake. It will be so pretty later when you cut into it.
The extra little layer of yumminess comes from the Cheesecake Pudding Mix. After it’s been spread over the cake and then you’ve chilled the cake for about an hour, you can frost it with whipped topping and sliced strawberries.
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 cup boiling Water
- 1 pkg Strawberry Jello
- 1/2 cup cold Water
- 1/2 cup frozen sliced Strawberries in Sugar, thawed
- 1 large box instant Cheesecake Pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare the cake following box directions.
- Coat sides and bottom of a 9×13 dish with shortening.
- Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Poke holes all over top of cake.
- Add boiling water to Jello mix in small bowl and stir until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water and pour over cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whisk together milk and pudding mix until smooth.
- Add in sliced strawberries.
- Pour pudding evenly over the cake.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Top with whipped topping and garnish with fresh strawberries if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
Chipotle Crock Pot Barbacoa Recipe Easy to make and tastes great are two reasons to try this Chipotle Crock Pot Barbacoa Recipe! You can put it on tacos, tortillas or even a salad! The cut of meat for this delicious recipe is an economical one so it's great for...read more
Texas Roadhouse Rolls & Butter Those rolls at Texas Roadhouse are like a little bit of heaven! It doesn't take long after the waitress brings them to the table for the basket to be empty! Now you can have those same rolls at home! The ingredient list for these...read more
They say that some of the best things in life are free, and this applies to Walt Disney World as well! The same place that has you exit each ride through a gift shop has so much value packed into every ticket price at no additional charge! Disney offers so many...read more
Part of enjoying a budget-friendly trip to Disney is having all of your travel essentials before you enter the park. Disney parks have everything you could ever dream of to make your experience magical. However, some of these “essential” items can be found for much...read more