Mini Cherry Heart Shaped Pies Recipe
These Mini Cherry Heart Shaped Pies are just as yummy as they are adorable! Make them for the folks you love on Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and even the Fourth of July to show how much you love our great country!
No need to spend the time making pie crust for this recipe. Do it the quick and easy way with the pre-made kind that you just unroll.
Get the most hearts from the crust by cutting them as close together as possible. When you’ve cut out all you can, gather up the scraps, press them together and roll out the left over crust to make a few more.
If you don’t have a heart cookie cutter, Amazon has set of 6 heart shaped cutters.
Egg wash makes a great baking “glue” for keeping the top and bottom hearts together while they bake.
It may take a couple of tries to get just the right amount of filling in each one. You’ll need to leave enough room for the top and bottom crusts to come together.
A fork is a simple tool for crimping the edges together. Don’t forget to make the “X” on top to give the steam a place to be released. Sprinkling the sparkling sugar on top gives these a professional finishing touch.
- 1 box Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 11 oz Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- White Sparkling Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a 3 1/2″ heart shaped cookie cutter, you should get 8-10 pies from 1 box of crusts.
- Cut as many shapes as you can get by re-rolling scraps as needed. You will need an even number of hearts.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together egg and milk to make an egg wash.
- Place half of the hearts on prepared pan(s).
- Use egg wash to wet the edges of the hearts.
- Place a small amount of the pie filling in the center of each.
- Place the another pie crust heart on top of each of the filled hearts.
- Cut an “X” on top of each filled heart and press and crimp edges.
- Brush sealed pie with egg wash and dust with sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until crust is browned.
- Allow to cool.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
Texas Roadhouse Rolls & Butter Those rolls at Texas Roadhouse are like a little bit of heaven! It doesn't take long after the waitress brings them to the table for the basket to be empty! Now you can have those same rolls at home! The ingredient list for these...read more
Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Shake THM Fuel Pull Recipe We started drinking this shake almost every day when we started reading the Trim Healthy Mama book. It is a delicious smoothie that packs protein and substance to keep me not hungry for a few hours. Yet it is...read more
If you are planning a trip to Disney, you are probably going to spending a lot of time in the parks. While Disney is a magical place, there are so many other attractions and places to visit that are near Disney to give you fun memories to make with your family! If...read more
Getting souvenirs at any Disney World Park is where you will spend the most amount of money! I realize sometimes you want to take a small piece of the magic from Disney World, it’s only natural to want to pick up a souvenir to remember your trip. Plus, there are...read more