Homemade Pop Tarts Recipe with Nutella
Great treat for Saturday mornings while watching cartoons! The kids (and the grown ups too) will love these scrumptious Nutella homemade pop tarts fresh from the oven!
The ingredients are so simple! They’re ones I have in my refrigerator and pantry all the time!
If you don’t have a pastry cutter for this part, you can use two forks to combine the butter and flour mixture.
Once you get the dough rolled out, the kids can help by cutting out the pastry shapes. Get creative and use more than just a rectangular shape!
Don’t they look delicious?! Now comes the hardest part — waiting for the oven timer to ring and let us know they’re ready to eat!
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 9 tbsp Nutella
- Cut butter into small cubes.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Work butter into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter.
- Whisk together one egg and milk and add to the flour mixture.
- Knead until ball forms.
- Turn dough out on to floured surface and knead for 1 minute.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Divide the dough in half.
- On floured surface, roll out first half of dough into a 9″ × 12” rectangle.
- Cut into 9 rectangles.
- Repeat this process with the other piece of dough.
- Make an eggwash by beating the remaining egg and brush over entire surface of first 9 rectangles.
- Place a tablespoon of Nutella on top of each egg washed rectangle and spread. Be sure to leave 1/2″ bare around edges.
- Place a rectangle on top of filling and press with fingertips to seal around edges.
- Use the tines of a fork to seal all around and then poke top with fork to allow steam to vent.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.