Chipotle Crock Pot Barbacoa Recipe
Easy to make and tastes great are two reasons to try this Chipotle Crock Pot Barbacoa Recipe! You can put it on tacos, tortillas or even a salad!
The cut of meat for this delicious recipe is an economical one so it’s great for families on a budget. And it serves several people too!
If you don’t have a food processor, a blender will work just fine!
Searing the meat in a skillet insures that it doesn’t dry out and it brings out a delicious flavor!
Now just put everything in the crock pot and come back later for a really yummy meal!
- 4 lb Chuck Roast trimmed of excess fat)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tsp Minced Garlic
- 4 tsp Cumin
- 3 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 Chipotle Peppers (from canned Chipotles in Adobo Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Adobo Sauce (from canned Chipotles in Adobo Sauce)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- To make the sauce combine vinegar, lime juice, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and cloves in a blender or processor on high speed until smooth.
- Insure all excess fat is trimmed off and cut into 6-8 pieces.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear all sides of the meat to get a nice crust.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Cover with with sauce.
- Pour in broth and add bay leaves.
- Cover and cook 5 hours on high (or 8 hours on low).
- Remove the bay leaves.
- While still in the slow cooker, shred the meat with two forks and turn the heat to low and allow to cook for 1 more hour.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
Easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls Recipe When you whip up these Easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls on a Saturday morning, the kids and the hubby will be singing your praises. And you won't even mind that they're doing it with their mouths full...lol! You can't go wrong when the...read more
DIY PB&J Uncrustables Recipe My kids absolutely LOVE eating Smuckers Uncrustables Sandwiches. But they are close to $1 EACH Sandwich when you buy them from the Grocery Store. They only take seconds to make and you can get almost a DOZEN for that same price! Let me...read more
Couponing at Drug Stores is a whole other ball of wax! That's because they offer rewards, which you can then use strategically to spend even less and get lots of things for FREE! These days your typical drugstore will stock everything from holiday decorations to...read more
Did you know that food is the third largest household expense families spend money on? Even the thriftiest people are still averaging a spending of $568 per month. Whether your family is big or small, we’re all looking for ways to save money on groceries. So how do...read more