Chipotle Crock Pot Barbacoa Recipe
Easy to make and tastes great are two reasons to try this Chipotle Crock Pot Barbacoa Recipe! You can put it on tacos, tortillas or even a salad!
The cut of meat for this delicious recipe is an economical one so it’s great for families on a budget. And it serves several people too!
If you don’t have a food processor, a blender will work just fine!
Searing the meat in a skillet insures that it doesn’t dry out and it brings out a delicious flavor!
Now just put everything in the crock pot and come back later for a really yummy meal!
- 4 lb Chuck Roast trimmed of excess fat)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tsp Minced Garlic
- 4 tsp Cumin
- 3 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 Chipotle Peppers (from canned Chipotles in Adobo Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Adobo Sauce (from canned Chipotles in Adobo Sauce)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- To make the sauce combine vinegar, lime juice, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and cloves in a blender or processor on high speed until smooth.
- Insure all excess fat is trimmed off and cut into 6-8 pieces.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear all sides of the meat to get a nice crust.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Cover with with sauce.
- Pour in broth and add bay leaves.
- Cover and cook 5 hours on high (or 8 hours on low).
- Remove the bay leaves.
- While still in the slow cooker, shred the meat with two forks and turn the heat to low and allow to cook for 1 more hour.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Shake THM Fuel Pull Recipe We started drinking this shake almost every day when we started reading the Trim Healthy Mama book. It is a delicious smoothie that packs protein and substance to keep me not hungry for a few hours. Yet it is...read more
Caramelized Banana Pudding Cups Recipe When you grow up in the South, Banana Pudding is a given at every family get-together and church function you go to! Here's a new twist on an old favorite! As a southern girl, you can bet I always have these ingredients in my...read more
Part of enjoying a budget-friendly trip to Disney is having all of your travel essentials before you enter the park. Disney parks have everything you could ever dream of to make your experience magical. However, some of these “essential” items can be found for much...read more
If you are planning a trip to Disney, you are probably going to spending a lot of time in the parks. While Disney is a magical place, there are so many other attractions and places to visit that are near Disney to give you fun memories to make with your family! If...read more