Chipotle Crock Pot Barbacoa Recipe
Easy to make and tastes great are two reasons to try this Chipotle Crock Pot Barbacoa Recipe! You can put it on tacos, tortillas or even a salad!
The cut of meat for this delicious recipe is an economical one so it’s great for families on a budget. And it serves several people too!
If you don’t have a food processor, a blender will work just fine!
Searing the meat in a skillet insures that it doesn’t dry out and it brings out a delicious flavor!
Now just put everything in the crock pot and come back later for a really yummy meal!
- 4 lb Chuck Roast trimmed of excess fat)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tsp Minced Garlic
- 4 tsp Cumin
- 3 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 Chipotle Peppers (from canned Chipotles in Adobo Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Adobo Sauce (from canned Chipotles in Adobo Sauce)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- To make the sauce combine vinegar, lime juice, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and cloves in a blender or processor on high speed until smooth.
- Insure all excess fat is trimmed off and cut into 6-8 pieces.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear all sides of the meat to get a nice crust.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Cover with with sauce.
- Pour in broth and add bay leaves.
- Cover and cook 5 hours on high (or 8 hours on low).
- Remove the bay leaves.
- While still in the slow cooker, shred the meat with two forks and turn the heat to low and allow to cook for 1 more hour.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
Have you ever enjoyed biting into chocolate covered strawberries? The hard outer chocolate exterior melds with the sweet juicy strawberry on the inside. It's a little bit of heaven right here on earth! Years ago my Mom and I would take the kids over to the mall and...read more
Homemade Pop Tarts Recipe with Nutella Great treat for Saturday mornings while watching cartoons! The kids (and the grown ups too) will love these scrumptious Nutella homemade pop tarts fresh from the oven! The ingredients are so simple! They're ones I have in my...read more
If you’re like me, you’re astounded by the price of a college textbook nowadays. I mean, come on! You’re already paying for room, board, tuition, and now you get slammed with these ridiculously expensive textbook costs? There needs to be a better way. And, lucky for...read more
We’ve all been there before. Your credit card statement is staring you in the face and your checking account is just cents from zero. It happens. Time to revisit the household budget. And then you get mad at yourself for allowing your finances to get in this awful...read more