Chipotle Crock Pot Barbacoa Recipe
Easy to make and tastes great are two reasons to try this Chipotle Crock Pot Barbacoa Recipe! You can put it on tacos, tortillas or even a salad!
The cut of meat for this delicious recipe is an economical one so it’s great for families on a budget. And it serves several people too!
If you don’t have a food processor, a blender will work just fine!
Searing the meat in a skillet insures that it doesn’t dry out and it brings out a delicious flavor!
Now just put everything in the crock pot and come back later for a really yummy meal!
- 4 lb Chuck Roast trimmed of excess fat)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tsp Minced Garlic
- 4 tsp Cumin
- 3 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 4 Chipotle Peppers (from canned Chipotles in Adobo Sauce)
- 1 tbsp Adobo Sauce (from canned Chipotles in Adobo Sauce)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- To make the sauce combine vinegar, lime juice, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and cloves in a blender or processor on high speed until smooth.
- Insure all excess fat is trimmed off and cut into 6-8 pieces.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Sear all sides of the meat to get a nice crust.
- Place meat in slow cooker.
- Cover with with sauce.
- Pour in broth and add bay leaves.
- Cover and cook 5 hours on high (or 8 hours on low).
- Remove the bay leaves.
- While still in the slow cooker, shred the meat with two forks and turn the heat to low and allow to cook for 1 more hour.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
Homemade Pop Tarts Recipe with Nutella Great treat for Saturday mornings while watching cartoons! The kids (and the grown ups too) will love these scrumptious Nutella homemade pop tarts fresh from the oven! The ingredients are so simple! They're ones I have in my...read more
Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Shake THM Fuel Pull Recipe We started drinking this shake almost every day when we started reading the Trim Healthy Mama book. It is a delicious smoothie that packs protein and substance to keep me not hungry for a few hours. Yet it is...read more
So you may have seen those silly 365 Day Money Saving Challenges, and they sound all glamorous, "Save Over $1,000 this year!" but when you look at the nitty gritty penny challenge details, you have to sock away around $50 EACH WEEK by the time November...read more
What would you do if you had an extra $10,000 (ten grand) in your pocket today? Just think of what an additional $10,000 a year could do for your family. A few simple changes in your shopping habits can really add up to some BIG savings. Find out how to save Ten Grand...read more