Caramelized Banana Pudding Cups Recipe
When you grow up in the South, Banana Pudding is a given at every family get-together and church function you go to! Here’s a new twist on an old favorite!
As a southern girl, you can bet I always have these ingredients in my pantry!
That just looks good enough to eat right now doesn’t it?!
You could use pudding mix for this part but really, it doesn’t take but a few minutes to make your own. And the flavor is so much better!
- 4 large Bananas sliced
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 48 Vanilla Wafers
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs separated
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add cinnamon and brown sugar and cook until bubbling.
- Add bananas and cook 3 minutes until heated through.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 2 whole eggs, milk, and 4 egg yolks in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium low heat 10 minutes or until it gets the texture of pudding (whisk constantly).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Place half the banana mixture in 8 oven proof dishes.
- Top each with half the pudding then half the wafers.
- Repeat another layer of each.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Slowly add 1/4 cup sugar while beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over dishes and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until meringue peaks are golden.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
Homemade Pop Tarts Recipe with Nutella Great treat for Saturday mornings while watching cartoons! The kids (and the grown ups too) will love these scrumptious Nutella homemade pop tarts fresh from the oven! The ingredients are so simple! They're ones I have in my...read more
Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Shake THM Fuel Pull Recipe We started drinking this shake almost every day when we started reading the Trim Healthy Mama book. It is a delicious smoothie that packs protein and substance to keep me not hungry for a few hours. Yet it is...read more
So you may have seen those silly 365 Day Money Saving Challenges, and they sound all glamorous, "Save Over $1,000 this year!" but when you look at the nitty gritty penny challenge details, you have to sock away around $50 EACH WEEK by the time November...read more
What would you do if you had an extra $10,000 (ten grand) in your pocket today? Just think of what an additional $10,000 a year could do for your family. A few simple changes in your shopping habits can really add up to some BIG savings. Find out how to save Ten Grand...read more