Caramelized Banana Pudding Cups Recipe
When you grow up in the South, Banana Pudding is a given at every family get-together and church function you go to! Here’s a new twist on an old favorite!
As a southern girl, you can bet I always have these ingredients in my pantry!
That just looks good enough to eat right now doesn’t it?!
You could use pudding mix for this part but really, it doesn’t take but a few minutes to make your own. And the flavor is so much better!
- 4 large Bananas sliced
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 48 Vanilla Wafers
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs separated
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add cinnamon and brown sugar and cook until bubbling.
- Add bananas and cook 3 minutes until heated through.
- Combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 2 whole eggs, milk, and 4 egg yolks in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium low heat 10 minutes or until it gets the texture of pudding (whisk constantly).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Place half the banana mixture in 8 oven proof dishes.
- Top each with half the pudding then half the wafers.
- Repeat another layer of each.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Slowly add 1/4 cup sugar while beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over dishes and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until meringue peaks are golden.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
Have you ever enjoyed biting into chocolate covered strawberries? The hard outer chocolate exterior melds with the sweet juicy strawberry on the inside. It's a little bit of heaven right here on earth! Years ago my Mom and I would take the kids over to the mall and...read more
Homemade Pop Tarts Recipe with Nutella Great treat for Saturday mornings while watching cartoons! The kids (and the grown ups too) will love these scrumptious Nutella homemade pop tarts fresh from the oven! The ingredients are so simple! They're ones I have in my...read more
If you’re like me, you’re astounded by the price of a college textbook nowadays. I mean, come on! You’re already paying for room, board, tuition, and now you get slammed with these ridiculously expensive textbook costs? There needs to be a better way. And, lucky for...read more
We’ve all been there before. Your credit card statement is staring you in the face and your checking account is just cents from zero. It happens. Time to revisit the household budget. And then you get mad at yourself for allowing your finances to get in this awful...read more