Crock Pot Chipotle Carnitas
In only 15 mins of prep time, and 8 hours “hands off” time in the Crock Pot, you can enjoy this delicious Chipotle Carnitas Recipe at home and save the cost of going out to eat!
I usually get a nice Pork Shoulder when I make this recipe and as many fresh ingredients as possible. It makes such a difference!
After browning the meat on all sides, the rest is super easy…just put it all in the crock pot and let it cook.
Now you can use this for so many things…put it on rolls for sandwiches or over rice or even in tacos!
Crock Pot Chipotle Carnitas Recipe
- Whole Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 can Rotel Tomatoes & Chiles
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 tsp dried Chipotle Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat oil in large pan and brown pork on all sides.
- Place pork in slow cooker and add remaining ingredients on top of pork.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork and shred (remove any bones if it was not boneless).
- Remove bay leaves.
- Drain about half of the liquid.
- Add shredded pork back to juices in the crockpot.
More Fun Articles To Read:
If you are planning a trip to Disney, you are probably going to spending a lot of time in the parks. While Disney is a magical place, there are so many other attractions and places to visit that are near Disney to give you fun memories to make with your family! If...read more
When it comes to saving up for a Disney vacation, every little bit counts! As an annual pass holder, we visit the parks A LOT! Sure the yearly pass helps get us into the park (because we don't have to buy tickets each time), but I always use Disney Gift Cards to buy...read more