Copycat Almond Joy Recipe
“Sometimes you feel like a nut…” and when you do, you can make your own Almond Joy candy bars! This is the candy I confiscate from all of the kids after they’ve gone trick or treating 😀
Who knew that 6 simple ingredients could yield something so wonderful and delicious?! The vanilla was absent the day this picture was taken…lol!
You can purchase your almonds already toasted, but in less than 10 minutes you can toast your own 🙂
Nothing but coconut and sugary sweetness in that bowl right there!
Now all they need is a blanket of melted chocolate and 30 minutes in the refrigerator. You’ll be tempted not to share, but you really should.
- 2/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 14 oz Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 2/3 cup Whole Almonds
- 12 oz Semisweet Chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If almonds are not toasted, place in 300 oven for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Remove almonds from pan and set aside.
- Combine condensed milk and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
- Add powdered sugar and stir until blended.
- Add coconut and stir until well mixed.
- Form into 1 1/4″ x 3″ bars and place on prepared sheet.
- Place 2 almonds on each bar and place in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate by microwaving for 1 minute, stirring and repeating until melted.
- Dip the bars into the chocolate to completely cover using a fork.
- Tap gently on bowl to shake off excess and return to the prepared sheet.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to set.
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy:
- Copycat Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake
- Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey’s Buttercream Frosting