We know sometimes couponing can be confusing, and we are here to help!
Here at True Couponing, we receive questions daily about all kinds of things pertaining to couponing. To help answer your questions, we will regularly post Questions and Answers to some of the Frequently Asked Questions we receive from our readers.
Today’s question is about coupon inserts in newspapers…
“When I buy Sunday newspapers from a store, they sometimes do not have the coupon inserts inside. Why do people steal the coupons?”
Coupon inserts do get stolen out of papers in stores sometimes. However, some of the papers sold in stores never get the coupon inserts in them. The newspaper has a limited number of inserts each week, and they always stuff the home delivered ones first. So, some of the papers purchased in stores may never have had inserts in them in the first place.
If you are purchasing a Sunday newspaper especially for the coupon inserts, it is best to get a home-delivery subscription or use a clipping service. Otherwise, you are just taking a gamble.
Home Delivered Newspaper Subscriptions
If you are considering a clipping service, we recommend Insert Insanity. It’s about the same price as a newspaper, but you’ll never have to run around Sunday mornings tracking down your coupon inserts. You can pre-order your Coupon Inserts and even set up a recurring order that works much like a newspaper subscription (but you’ll ONLY get the inserts, not a whole newspaper). Your inserts will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
Here are some reasons to consider purchasing inserts from Insert Insanity:
- Sunday papers are really expensive in your area
- your local newspaper doesn’t offer the best coupon inserts
- you live in a place that doesn’t offer home delivery
- your local newspaper doesn’t allow you to order multiple newspapers
Do you have more questions?
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
- Browse through our previously posted FAQs.
- Leave a comment on the post you have a question about (especially if it is a current store list). Sometimes another reader will even respond before we can!
- Join our Hot Deals Facebook Group and post a message and see if another TrueCouponer has some insight!
- View the schedule of upcoming classes and register for a class HERE. At every workshop, we have seasoned couponers out in the lobby ready and willing to answer any questions or give one-on-one assistance!
If you still can’t find your answer, email us at Save(at)TrueCouponing.com, and we will do our best to help you!