It’s that time of year again! Dust off your aprons, go grab a deal on flour and sugar (they’re on sale everywhere this time of year) and preheat the oven. We’re going to bake some cookies!
We’ve got some cute and delicious Christmas Cookie recipes to share with you. Each day December 1-12, 2012, we will bring you a new recipe for Christmas Cookies!
Christmas Cookie Recipe Day 8:
Don’t these cookies remind you of snowballs? The multicolored sprinkles look so pretty against the white glazed background. Add these to your holiday baking list!
What you’ll need for 42 Cookies:
- 6 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Colored sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a heavy-duty mixer, beat eggs on high speed until light and foamy, about 5 minutes; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, confectioners’ sugar and baking powder On low speed, gradually beat in shortening and extracts until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Gradually add beaten eggs (dough will be stiff).
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes (tops of the cookies will not brown, but bottoms should brown slightly).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, milk and extracts until smooth. As soon as cookies are removed from the oven, quickly dip two or three at a time into glaze. Remove with a slotted spoon or tongs; place on wire racks to drain. Immediately top with sprinkles. Let dry for 24 hours before storing in airtight containers. Yield: about 7 dozen.
(Recipe from tasteofhome.com.)
Find more recipes in the True Couponing Recipe category HERE.
You can also access our recipes easily from the True Couponing App. Go HERE to download the True Couponing App for FREE on iPhone/iPad! (Android coming VERY soon!)