Get Cooking Light Magazine for just $1 per issue! Plus every order includes a FREE digital download: Best of SuperFast 20 Minute Cooking AND the FREE tablet edition!
The delicious recipes and helpful advice in this magazine are sure to make for a festive holiday season. And the latest issue can be downloaded every month with the free tablet edition, making it easy to reference favorite recipes.
Get recipes like this one:
Sweet and Spicy Nut and Pretzel Mix
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans $
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds $
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter $
- 3 cups tiny unsalted pretzels
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal squares (such as Rice Chex) $
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine brown sugar, 1 teaspoon thyme, salt, cinnamon, and red pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine pecans and almonds on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until the nuts begin to brown. Combine the pecan mixture and butter in a medium bowl, stirring until butter melts. Gently stir in pretzels, cereal, and syrup. Sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over pretzel mixture; toss gently to coat. Spread pretzel mixture in a single layer on jelly-roll pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, stirring once. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon thyme. Cool completely.
Click HERE to get your subscription started in time for Christmas cooking!
~Offer expires 11/30/12