~ Meals from Our Deals ~
Chicken Noodle Soup is one of the most comforting foods around. And in the season of coughs and colds, this is just what Dr. Mom ordered! Thanks to Perdue Short Cuts, this is a quick recipe that will be fast to prepare and will disappear from the table even faster!
Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep/Cook Time: 30 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
- 1 pkg PERDUE® SHORT CUTS® Carved Chicken Breast, Original Roasted (9 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 pkg (48 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 oz wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrots, cook, while stirring, about 3-4 minutes or just until tender.
- Add chicken broth; bring to boil. Add chicken, noodles, parsley, basil and thyme; bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer about 8-10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Get the Ingredients On Sale!
The ingredients from this week’s recipe are currently on sale at Publix!
See the complete Publix Weekly ad HERE.
Sale items from the Publix list included in the recipe:
Perdue Short Cuts Chicken or Turkey Breast USDA-Inspected assorted 9 oz, 3/$10 – $3.33
$1/1 Perdue Short Cuts Carved Chicken Breast Variety printable
$2.33 each with MQ!
Publix Baby Cut Carrots 16 oz – $1.29; 2 lb bag – $2.49; 3 lb bag – $3.49
$0.30/2; $0.40/3 Pillsbury Refrigerated Grands! Biscuits, exp. 12/1/12 (SS 09/09/12 R)
$0.30/2 Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (SS 10/21/12 R)
$0.30/2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Grands! Biscuits, exp. 12/29/12 (GM 10/07/12)
$0.40/2 Pillsbury Sweet Rolls or Grands! Sweet Rolls, exp. 12/29/12 (GM 10/07/12)
$1/1 Pillsbury Sweet Rolls or Grands! Sweet Rolls, exp. 10/31/12 (Maxwell House Peelie)
$0.50/2 Pillsbury Sweet Rolls or Grands! Sweet Rolls printable
$0.50/3 Pillsbury Refrigerated Grands! Or Grands! Jr. Biscuits printable
Find more Pillsbury Grands coupons HERE.
Buy (2), use $0.40/2 MQ. Pay $1.05 each!
If you have a favorite recipe that matches with a weekly sale or includes items you typically have in your stockpile, please submit your recipe to Save@TrueCouponing.com with “Recipe” in the subject line.
Your recipe could be featured on True Couponing as our Recipe of the Week!