Layaway Programs Are Making a Comeback!
Here is basically how layaway works:
- Shop as usual and select your merchandise.
- Take your items to Customer Service or a designated Layaway checkout area where they will add up your total just as you would normally checkout.
- Instead of paying the total, you pay a specified amount as a down payment.
- Make payments per store requirements until the balance is paid in full (usually weekly).
- Pick up your merchandise before a designated date. (The store keeps all items until the full balance is paid.)
Each store will have their own payment terms, down payment requirement and pick up date…but you get the idea.
Since the store keeps the merchandise until it is paid, there is no risk to them and no credit check is required.
Stores Offering Christmas Layaway for 2012
Here’s a list of some stores offering Layaway this shopping season.
Click on the store to read their layaway terms.
- Toys R Us/Babies R Us
- Best Buy
- TJ Maxx
- Big Lots (Layaway has been offered in the past. We could not confirm for 2012. May vary per store.)
If you know of other stores offering layaway, please leave a comment below, and we’ll add it to our list!