Sign up NOW for Walgreens’ new program called Balance Rewards!
GO HERE sign up for the Balance Rewards program now!
National Launch starts 9/16/12!
The program is very easy!
All you have to do is sign up and start saving when you use your card in the store and online!
If you enroll online or through the Mobile App between 9/6-9/15 Walgreens is having a 1 Million Point Giveaway, and you will have a chance to enter to win.
The app is available for iPhone/iPad and for Android users.
Customers can also earn additional entries into the sweepstakes by referring friends and family to the program.
- Members receive exclusive savings every week on popular products.
- Savings and points can be easily earned when members show their Balance Rewards card, provide their telephone number or scan their mobile phone.
- Members can easily access their point totals and see how many points they need until their next reward at checkout, online or through their mobile device.
- Members can instantly earn and redeem points for thousands of items in store and online.
- Members will earn points for activities that help them stay well, like Walk with Walgreens, immunizations and — where states allow — for prescriptions.
- Members receive exclusive access to the Walgreens online Pharmacy Chat service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Members can redeem points immediately in-store or online for a little something special or hold off until they have earned more points for an even greater reward.
- Points will not expire as long as members remain active by shopping at Walgreens at least once every six months and redeem their points within three years.
- Points go further as you earn more.
My take on things:
Just like when there was SO much “hype” built around the new Publix Coupon Policy in May 2011, as TrueCouponers we don’t want to over-react! Walgreens wants your coupon business, initially they will continue to utilize the Register Reward program and phase it out based on increasing customers use of the new point system. While it seems like 5,000 points will be difficult to earn, the points are not all cut & dry Dollar-for-Dollar so there will still be other easy ways to earn them. Before we get frustrated or negative, let’s give Wags a chance to test it out and work through the kinks! My main complaint with the current program has always been that it does not allow normal customers the opportunity to get In-Ad Sale Prices (unless their cashier remembers and has memorized the discount code). This card will more easily allow everyone to get the sale price! We can do this!
Go HERE for more detailed information about the new Balance Reward Program coming to Walgreens!!
And if you are using the Register Rewards program,
you’ll be able to use those in conjunction with the Balance Rewards program for the foreseeable future.