~ Meals from Our Deals ~
Sometimes all you want is a warm bowl of chicken soup. Here’s one from Perdue that sounds dee-licious!
Santa Fe Chicken Soup
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 25 Min
- 1 package PERDUE® SHORT CUTS® Carved Chicken Breast, Southwestern Style (9 oz.)
- 1 can (49.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) pintos beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chiles, undrained
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan combine chicken broth, chicken, beans, corn and tomatoes with chiles. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add rice, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minutes until rice is tender. Stir in cilantro.
- Spoon soup into bowls and garnish each serving with a slice of lime. Serve with a basket of warm flour tortillas.
Get the Ingredients On Sale!
The ingredients from this week’s recipe are currently on sale at Publix!
See the complete Publix Weekly ad HERE.
Sale items from the Publix list included in the recipe:
Perdue Chicken or Turkey Breast Short Cuts 9 oz, (BOGO $4.99) – $2.50
$1/1 Perdue Fresh Chicken or Turkey Product printable
$1/1 Perdue Grab and Grill Chicken Wings, Thighs, Breasts or Drumsticks printable
$1/1 Perdue Perfect Portions Booneless Skinless Chicken Product printable
Buy (2), use (2) MQ’s. Pay $1.50 each!
College Inn Broth 32 oz, 3/$5 – $1.67
$1/2 College Inn Broth printable
Buy (2), use MQ. Pay $1.17 each!
Rotel Tomatoes 10 oz, 10/$10 – $1.00
If you have a favorite recipe that matches with a weekly sale or includes items you typically have in your stockpile, please submit your recipe to Save@TrueCouponing.com with “Recipe” in the subject line.
Your recipe could be featured on True Couponing as our Recipe of the Week!