~ Meals from Our Deals ~
Mmmmmm….teriyaki is one of my favorite flavors. You can put that on almost anything and have one tasty dinner! This week Winn Dixie has a good price on chicken thighs, drumsticks or leg quarters. Any of those could be used in this recipe. Bird’s Eye Steamfresh Vegetables are also on sale and could be used as sides. Enjoy!
Baked Teriyaki Chicken
Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 1 Hr
Ready In: 1 Hr 30 Min
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.
Get the Ingredients On Sale!
The ingredients from this week’s recipe are currently on sale at Winn Dixie!
See the complete Winn Dixie Weekly ad HERE.
Sale items from the Winn Dixie list included in the recipe:
Sanderson Farms All Natural Chicken Thighs, Drumsticks or Leg Quarters, (BOGO $1.99) – $1/lb
$1/3 Birds Eye Steamfresh, exp. 10/24/12 (ALL YOU Aug ’12)
Buy (3), use MQ. Pay $1.34 each!
If you have a favorite recipe that matches with a weekly sale or includes items you typically have in your stockpile, please submit your recipe to Save@TrueCouponing.com with “Recipe” in the subject line.
Your recipe could be featured on True Couponing as our Recipe of the Week!