Is your coupon box overflowing?
It’s time to purge the expired coupons!
Here is a list of all the coupon inserts you can remove from your file box:
Prior to 1/22/12, Keep ONLY these inserts:
- 10/02/11: Keep SS
Note: The SS has a regional coupon for $0.40/1 Fleischmann’s Yeast Strip that expires 11/6/12 (the Tampa Bay area did not get this coupon; Orlando did get this coupon).
- 10/23/11: Keep SS Only
SS contains 1 unexpired Regional coupon for Azteca Tortillas that expires 10/31/12 (Tampa & Orlando both did NOT receive this coupon.)
- 11/6/11: Keep RP
RP contains 1 unexpired Regional coupon for Diamond Product that expires 12/31/12 (Tampa area did not get this coupon; Orlando did get this coupon.)
- 12/04/11: Keep SS Only
SS contains 1 unexpired Regional coupon for Tones Seasoning that expires 12/31/12 (Tampa & Orlando both did NOT receive this coupon.)
01/22/12 to 03/25/12 Keep and Purge as follows:
- 01/22/12: Purge RP
Keep SS & Parade
SS contains 1 unexpired Regional coupon for Azteca Tortillas that expires 1/31/13 (Tampa & Orlando both did NOT receive this coupon.)
Parade contains 1 unexpired coupon for Boiron Oscillococcinum that expires 12/31/13.
- 01/29/12: Purge P&G & SS
Note: RP has one unexpired coupon: $3/1 Abreva Product, exp. 8/29/12
- 02/05/12: Purge GM and RP
- 02/12/12: (purge entire file)
- 02/19/12: (purge entire file)
- 02/26/12: Purge Pepsico Moments
Keep SS & Parade
- 3/04/12: Purge P&G and Target P&G & SS
Note: RP has one unexpired coupon: $2/1 Colace Product, it expires on 09/30/12
- 3/11/12: Keep SS & RP
- 3/18/12: (purge entire file)
- 3/25/12: Purge Hasbro Playsaver & Target Flyer
Keep ALL INSERTS from and including 4/1/12 Forward EXCEPT:
- 04/01/12 – Purge P&G & RP
- 04/15/12 – Purge RP & Parade
- 04/29/12 - Purge P&G and Pepsico Moments
- 05/13/12 – Purge P&G
- 06/03/12 – Purge P&G
Tips to keep your Coupon Box clean:
- P&G Coupon inserts expire almost monthly. So those can be purged as soon as a new one comes in the newspaper.
- GM Coupon inserts also have a very short expiration date and therefore can be purged sooner that the rest of the inserts.
- Dollar General puts their weekly ad inside the SmartSource Coupon insert. It is only good for the week in which it comes in the insert. So to save space PURGE IMMEDIATELY!!! (just save one out IF you want to use it during the week!
How do we send our expired coupons to the Military?
- If you have been couponing for a while now, you are probably accumulating some great expired coupons. Don’t you just hate to toss them? Well, you don’t have to! Military families outside the USA can use your expired coupons!
- Military bases outside of the USA will accept manufacture coupons up to 6 months past their expiration date.
- They can use manufacture coupons only, no store coupons are accepted (so don’t included the Green or Yellow advantage flyers from Publix).
Here’s what you do:
- Get an envelope or “flat rate” box to put all your coupons inside. Priority Mail Boxes and Envelopes are provided for free from USPS, standard domestic rates apply when you mail to an APO or FPO address.
- Print a letter to include with your coupons HERE.
- Choose a Military Family Services Center or Commissary (military base grocery store) to send the coupons to (see list from our friend Michelle HERE), write the address on your printed form.