Is your coupon box overflowing?
It’s time to purge the expired coupons!
Inserts to PURGE are in RED
Inserts to KEEP are in GREEN
Notes specific to local inserts are below
Here is a list of all the coupon inserts you can remove from your file box:
- Purge ALL Coupon Inserts prior to AND including your 9/25/11 file
- 10/02/11: Purge RP, PG, GM & Pepsi Moments
Note: The SS has a regional coupon for $0.40/1 Fleischmann’s Yeast Strip that expires 11/6/12 (the Tampa Bay area did not get this coupon; Orlando did get this coupon).
- 10/09/11: (purge entire file)
- 10/16/11: (purge entire file)
- 10/23/11: Keep SS Only
- 10/30/11: (purge entire file)
- 11/6/11: Keep SS & RP
- 11/13/11: (purge entire file)
- 11/20/11: (purge entire file)
- 11/27/11: (purge entire file)
- 12/04/11: Keep SS
- 12/11/11: (purge entire file)
- 12/18/11: (purge entire file)
- 01/01/12: Purge RP, PG,
Keep SS#1 & SS#2
- 01/08/12: (purge entire file)
- 01/15/12: Keep SS
- 01/22/12: Purge RP
Keep SS & Parade
- 01/29/12: Purge P&G
Keep RP & SS
NOTE: The SS has 1 unexpired coupon: $0.75/1 Eggland’s Best that expires 6/30/12 (Tampa and Orlando did not get this coupon, so purge away!)
- 02/05/12 Purge GM and RP
Note: The SS has two coupons not expired yet, $0.75/1 YoCrunch Multipack & $0.75 YoCrunch Greek Parfait (1) multipack or (2) cups. Both expire 6/30/12.
- 02/12/12: Purge RP
Keep SS & Walmart
Note: The SS has (3) valid coupons. $3/1 Hill’s Science Diet Ideal Balance Canine Dry Food, $3/1 Hill’s Science Diet Ideal Balance Feline Dry Food & $0.30/1 4Grain Eggs. All three expire 6/30/12. The Walmart Flyer has a $3/1 Burt’s Bees Body Butter or Scrub coupon that expires 6/30/12
- 02/19/12: Keep RP
- 02/26/12: Purge Pepsico Moments
Keep SS & Parade
Note: SS has one unexpired coupon. $3/1 Kerasal Nail Fungal Nail Renewal Treatment expires on 6/30/12.
- 3/04/12: Purge P&G and Target P&G
Keep SS & RP
Note: RP has one unexpired coupon: $2/1 Colace Product, it expires on 09/30/12
Keep ALL INSERTS from and including 03/18/12 Forward EXCEPT:
- 03/25/12 – Purge Hasbro Playsaver and Target Flyer
- 04/01/12 – Purge P&G
- 4/29/12 – Purge P&G and Pepsico Moments
Tips to keep your Q Box clean:
- P&G Coupon inserts expire almost monthly. So those can be mailed off as soon as a new one comes in the newspaper.
- GM Coupon inserts also have a very short expiration date and therefore can be purged sooner that the rest of the inserts.
- Dollar General puts their weekly ad inside the SmartSource Coupon insert. It is only good for the week in which it comes in the Insert. So to save space PURGE IMMEDIATELY!!! (just save one out IF you want to use it during the week!)
- Do you have coupons you don’t need or surely won’t use? Specific products, like Pet and Baby coupons can usually be used by someone else locally. If you have Baby Coupons you are not going to use (that have NOT Expired yet), please send them to Lifecare of Brandon, 122 N. Moon Ave, Brandon, FL 33510. They would love to pass them along to someone in need!
How do we send our expired coupons to the Military?
- If you have been couponing for a while now, you are probably accumulating some great expired coupons. Don’t you just hate to toss them? Well, you don’t have to! Military families outside the USA can use your expired coupons!
- Military bases outside of the USA will accept manufacture coupons up to 6 months past their expiration date.
- They can use manufacture coupons only, no store coupons are accepted (so don’t included the Green or Yellow advantage flyers from Publix).
Here’s what you do:
- Get an envelope or “flat rate” box to put all your coupons inside. Priority Mail Boxes and Envelopes are provided for free from USPS, standard domestic rates apply when you mail to an APO or FPO address.
- Print a letter to include with your coupons HERE.
- Choose a Military Family Services Center or Commissary (military base grocery store) to send the coupons to (see list from our friend Michelle HERE), write the address on your printed form.