~ Meals from Our Deals ~
Summertime’s coming so fire up that grill. This is not your average hot dog! Anything with bacon can never be called average! This is a simple recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Killer Bacon Cheese Dogs
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 all-beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce, or amount to taste
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grate, and set 4 inches from the heat.
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Place hot dogs on grill; cook until browned, 5 to 8 minutes, turning once, or until done to suit your taste. Lightly grill hot dog buns.
- To assemble sandwiches, place a slice of cheese and bacon on each roll. Add a hot dog, top each with 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce, or desired amount, and red onion.
The ingredients from this week’s recipe are currently on sale at Winn Dixie!
See the complete Winn Dixie Weekly ad HERE.
Sale items from the Winn Dixie list included in the recipe:
Eckrich Jumbo Meat Hot Dogs, Meat Bologna or Cotto Salami 16 oz or Smok Y Breakfast Links 8.3 oz, BOGO $3.99 ($2 each)
Ruffles Potato Chips 9 oz, BOGO $4.29 ($2.15 each)
$1 off Ruffles Ultimate Dip wyb Ruffles Ultimate Bag printable
If you have a favorite recipe that matches with a weekly sale or includes items you typically have in your stockpile, please submit your recipe to Save@TrueCouponing.com with “Recipe” in the subject line.
Your recipe could be featured on True Couponing as our Recipe of the Week!