In keeping up with our families monthly spending, it is important for you to see our whole month of shopping! Today it was time to shop for meat. We were shopping for 24 meals (planning 6 meals per week, we always eat at church on Wednesdays). We did “splurge” and get a few packages of frozen veggies to make a couple of easy meals this week (I won’t have time to get to our local produce stand until next week).
Here’s what I got today at Good Earth Foods in Tampa:
(2) Unbreaded Chicken Wings 5 lbs ($10 per bag) = $20
(1) Pork Chops 5 lb box $11.00
(3) Bag Frozen Veggies $3.00 each = $9.00
(8) Frozen Chicken Breasts (Pilgrim’s Pride Brand) around $16.50 each = $58.53
(6) Fresh Cantaloupe FREE (Offered a True Couponing special, when you spend $100. They extended us mercy for being within $2.)
Grand Total: $98.53
For our family of six, this should last our family 24 meals. Meat Price per meal: $4.11
While I shop at a local meat market, another inexpensive option for your meat is to pick it up from a company such as Zaycon (this is what Melisha does).
So this months spending re-cap was: Trip #1: $111 + Trip #2: $25 + Trip #3: $54 + This Meat Trip: $98.53 = $289.10! But I also made a quick “dessert” run on Memorial Day (shown at right), in which I spent just under $20. So that brings our total spending for the entire month to $309.10. Next month I will work in a couple of Wags Trips (my stockpile is currently so full of Health & Beauty items, I didn’t needed to shop there this month).
Can you see how possible this is for YOUR family?
~Be encouraged! Happy Shopping!