Is your coupon box overflowing?
It’s time to purge the expired coupons!
Here is a list of all the coupon inserts you can remove from your file box:
- Purge ALL Coupon Inserts prior to AND including your 9/25/11 file
- 10/02/11: Purge RP, PG, GM & Pepsi Moments. The SS has a regional coupon for $0.40/1 Fleischmann’s Yeast Strip that expires 11/6/12 (the Tampa Bay area did not get this coupon; Orlando did get this coupon).
- 10/09/11: Purge SS, RP and Parade (purge entire file)
- 10/16/11: Purge SS, RP, P&G, and Unilever. Two coupons in the Parade have not expired yet: $6/1 Bausch & Lomb PreserVision Eye Vitamin AREDS 2 Formula, and $3/1 Bausch & Lomb PreserVision Product, (both expire 5/31/12).
- 10/23/11: Purge SS and RP (purge entire file)
- 10/30/11: Purge SS, RP and P&G (purge entire file)
- 11/6/11: Purge Walmart and RP. The SS has a $1/1 NatuRelief Product coupon that expires 05/31/12.
- 11/13/11: Purge SS, RP and GM (purge entire file)
- 11/20/11: Purge SS (purge entire file)
- 11/27/11: Purge PG, Walmart Flyer & Kmart Flyer (purge entire file)
- 12/04/11: Purge RP and SS (purge entire file)
- 12/11/11: Purge SS and Kmart (purge entire file)
- 12/18/11: Purge Kmart (purge entire file)
- 01/01/12: Purge RP, PG, SS#1 & SS#2 (purge entire file)
- 01/08/12: Purge SS, RP, GM, Target & Walmart (purge entire file)
- 01/15/12: The SS has $1/1 MidNite & $1/1 NatuRelief coupons that expire 07/31/12. Egg-Land’s Best $0.50/1, $0.35/1 and $0.35/1 coupons that expire 06/30/12.
- 01/22/12: Purge RP. SS has one coupon not expired yet, $1/1 Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners coupons that expire 05/31/12.
- 01/29/12: RP has a regional coupon for $3/1 Abreva product that expires 8/29/12;
SS has 2 unexpired coupons: $1/1 Everybody’s Nuts Pistachios that expires 05/31/12 and a regional coupon for $0.75/1 Eggland’s Best that expires 6/30/12
- 02/05/12 Purge GM. Keep The SS. The RP has one regional coupon not expired yet, $1/1 Stash Tea that expires 05/31/12. (Tampa & Orlando areas did not get this coupon, So Purge On!)
Keep ALL INSERTS from and including 02/12/12 Forward EXCEPT:
- Parade Magazine 02/19/12 (Purge this)
- Purge Pepsico Moments from 02/26/12 (all those have expired)
- P&G 3/04/12 only has (2) two coupons that have not expired yet. $1/1 Febreze High Allergen Air Filter, exp. 5/31/12, and $1/1 Bissell Carpet Cleaning Product with Febreze Freshness, exp. 5/31/12
- P&G 04/01/12 (Purge this)
Tips to keep your Q Box clean:
- P&G Coupon inserts expire almost monthly. So those can be mailed off as soon as a new one comes in the newspaper.
- GM Coupon inserts also have a very short expiration date and therefore can be purged sooner that the rest of the inserts.
- Dollar General puts their weekly ad inside the SmartSource Coupon insert. It is only good for the week in which it comes in the Insert. So to save space PURGE IMMEDIATELY!!! (just save one out IF you want to use it during the week!) When I took these out of all my SmartSource, it created a pile almost 8 inches high!
- Do you have coupons you don’t need or surely won’t use? Specific products, like Pet and Baby coupons can usually be used by someone else locally. If you have Baby Coupons you are not going to use (that have NOT Expired yet), please send them to Lifecare of Brandon, 122 N. Moon Ave, Brandon, FL 33510. They would love to pass them along to someone in need!
How do we send our expired coupons to the Military?
- If you have been couponing for a while now, you are probably accumulating some great expired coupons. Don’t you just hate to toss them? Well, you don’t have to! Military families outside the USA can use your expired coupons!
- Military bases outside of the USA will accept manufacture coupons up to 6 months past their expiration date.
- They can use manufacture coupons only, no store coupons are accepted (so don’t included the Green or Yellow advantage flyers from Publix).
Here’s what you do:
- Get an envelope or “flat rate” box to put all your coupons inside. Priority Mail Boxes and Envelopes are provided for free from USPS, standard domestic rates apply when you mail to an APO or FPO address.
- Print a letter to include with your coupons HERE.
- Choose a Military Family Services Center or Commissary (military base grocery store) to send the coupons to (see list from our friend Michelle HERE), write the address on your printed form.