~ Meals from Our Deals ~
The ingredients from this week’s recipe are currently on sale at Winn Dixie!
See the complete Winn Dixie Weekly ad HERE.
Gather the family around the table for some yummy nachos! Almost everything you need for the recipe can be found on sale at Winn Dixie this week. The recipe assumes that the chicken you’re using is already cooked so keep that in mind when planning your time for the meal preparation.
Restaurant Style Chicken Nachos
Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Ready In: 40 Min
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 green onions, sliced, white parts and tops separated
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 shredded, cooked, whole chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (12 oz) package tortilla chips
- 1 (16 oz) package shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a 12 inch skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic and white parts of the green onions in canola oil until tender. Mix in shredded chicken, salt and pepper. Toss until well coated with oil. Stir in the salsa.
- Arrange tortilla chips on a large baking sheet. Spoon the chicken mixture over tortilla chips. Top with Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend and tomato. Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onion tops before serving.
Sale items from the Winn Dixie list included in the meal:
Sanderson Farms Grade A Whole Chicken, $1.19/lb
Jumbo Vidalia Sweet Onions, $.69/lb
Large Vine Ripened Tomatoes, $.99/lb
Old El Paso Thick and Chunky Salsa 16 oz, BOGO $2.59 ($1.30 each)
Kraft Cheese American White or Sharp Singles 12 oz, Crumbles, Cubes, Cracker Cuts, Chunk or Shredded 5-9.6 oz, 2/$5 ($2.50 each)
$1/2 Kraft 2% Milk Block, Shred or Singles Cheese, exp. 5/31/12 (Kraft 20 Top Seasonal Recipes For 2012)
Buy (2), use MQ. Pay $2 each!
Chi-Chi’s Tortillas 16-17 oz or Old El Paso Dinner Kits 8.4-19.2 oz, 2/$4 ($2 each)
Fuelperks Item! Save an additional $.05 per gallon for every (2) purchased**
$1/2 Chi-Chi’s Products printable
Buy (2), use MQ. Pay $1.50 each!
If you have a favorite recipe that matches with a weekly sale or includes items you typically have in your stockpile, please submit your recipe to Save@TrueCouponing.com with “Recipe” in the subject line.
Your recipe could be featured on True Couponing as our Recipe of the Week!