Today we have two Easter dessert recipes for you! Both are pretty simple to make. The first is Easter Pie and the second is Charmed Marshmallow Treats. Hope you enjoy them!
Prep Time: 30 Min
Cook Time: 45 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr 15 Min
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for garnish
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked short-grained rice
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 6 sheets fresh phyllo sheets or frozen, thawed
- 3/4 stick (3 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- Blend 3/4 cup of powdered sugar, eggs, vanilla, orange zest and ricotta in a food processor until smooth. Stir in the rice and pine nuts. Set the ricotta mixture aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a 9-inch glass pie dish. Lay 1 phyllo sheet over the bottom and up the sides of the dish, allowing the phyllo to hang over the sides. Brush the phyllo with the melted butter. Top with a second sheet of phyllo dough, laying it in the opposite direction as the first phyllo sheet. Continue layering the remaining sheets of phyllo sheets, alternating after each layer and buttering each sheet. Spoon the ricotta mixture into the dish. Fold the overhanging phyllo dough over the top of the filling to enclose it completely. Brush completely with melted butter.
- Bake the pie until the phyllo is golden brown and the filling is set, about 35 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool completely. Sift powdered sugar over the pie and serve.
~Charmed Marshmallow Treats~
Prep Time: 15 Min
Inactive: 40 Min
Cook Time: 10 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr 5 Min
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups marshmallow charms cereal
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons confetti sprinkles
- Spray a 10-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large pot over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Once completely melted and smooth, add the cereal and stir until completely combined. Evenly distribute the marshmallow mixture into the prepared pan and press it into an even layer. Allow it to set in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Remove the cooled treats from the pan to a cutting board. Using a 2 1/2-inch round biscuit cutter, cut out rounds and set aide.
- In a double boiler or microwave melt white chocolate, in a small bowl. Spread the melted chocolate on top of each marshmallow treat. Put them on a waxed paper lined sheet tray and sprinkle with confetti sprinkles. Allow chocolate to set, then transfer the treats to a serving platter and serve.
If you have a favorite recipe that matches with a weekly sale or includes items you typically have in your stockpile, please submit your recipe to Save@TrueCouponing.com with “Recipe” in the subject line.
Your recipe could be featured on True Couponing as our Recipe of the Week!