~ Meals from Our Deals ~
The ingredients from this week’s recipe are currently on sale at Publix!
See the complete Publix Weekly ad HERE.
Nothing fancy this week — just simple ingredients like chicken, potatoes and veggies. Oh and garlic…LOTS of garlic. If that’s not your thing, feel free to tone it down a bit and use less. Also, the recipe calls for Yukon gold potatoes but since red ones are included in the sale, we used those. Both are really yummy!
Fuji or Granny Smith apples are both on sale and Fuji apples are especially good for making homemade applesauce (or apple pie, if you prefer 😛 ).
Sale items from the Publix list included this week:
Chicken Leg Quarters, $.99/lb
Publix Red Potatoes 5 lb, $2.99
Green Giant Canned Vegetables 14.5-15.25 oz (excluding Asparagus Cuts), BOGO $1.29 ($.65 each)
$1/4 Green Giant Canned Vegetable Products, exp. 2/29/12 (Publix Italian Days)
Buy (4), use SQ. Pay $.40 each!
Fuji or Granny Smith Apples 3 lb bag, $2.99
Garlic Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 chicken leg quarters, split into drumsticks and thighs
- 6 large Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 24 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the butter into a roasting pan, and melt in the oven. When butter is melted, swirl to coat the bottom of the roasting pan, and place the chicken drumsticks and thighs, potatoes, and unpeeled garlic cloves into the pan. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper; turn the chicken, potatoes, and garlic to coat with butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, about 40 minutes, basting 3 times with pan drippings. Brush maple syrup over the chicken pieces, and spoon pan drippings over the potatoes.
- Return to oven, and bake until the chicken and potatoes are tender and browned, about 20 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into a thick part of a thigh should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). To serve, squeeze garlic from the baked cloves, and spread the soft garlic over the chicken. Pour pan juices over chicken and potatoes.
If you have a favorite recipe that matches with a weekly sale or includes items you typically have in your stockpile, please submit your recipe to Save@TrueCouponing.com with “Recipe” in the subject line.
Your recipe could be featured on True Couponing as our Recipe of the Week!