Is your Coupon Box overflowing?
It’s time to purge the expired coupons!
- Purge all Coupon Inserts prior to AND INCLUDING your 1/2/11 file (all coupons are expired inside)
- 1/9/11 KEEP the Reach Coupons out of the SmartSource Insert
- 1/16/11 THRU 4/10/11 ALL COUPONS ARE EXPIRED, so PURGE the files up to and including 4/10/11
- ****There was ONE coupon from RP 4/10/11 (outside of the FL area) that was not expired: $1/2 Delverde Pack, it expires 12/31/11, so if you are outside of FL, you may want to check for that coupon and save it.
- 4/17/11 – KEEP (8) coupons out of the SmartSource: a bunch of Listerine and Reach Coupons (they don’t expire until 12/31/11), Everything else has expired!
- 5/1/11 – Purge the entire file, everything has expired!
- 5/8/11 – KEEP (1) coupon out of the SmartSource: $.40/1 Wacky-Mac Veggie Pasta, expires 12/31/11. Everything else has expired!
- 5/15/11 – KEEP (2) coupons out of the SmartSource: $55/1 Kikkoman Product and $1/1 Mid-Nite Product
- 5/22/11 – KEEP (4) coupons out of the RedPlum: Listerine/Reach Coupons and (3) coupons out of the SmartSource: (2) Scotch coupons and (1) $1/1 Popcorn, Indiana Chip’Ins coupon
- 6/5/11 – Only (1) coupon to KEEP out of the RedPlum: $1/1 8th Continent Soymilk
- 6/12/11 – Purge the entire file, everything has expired! (Thanks Mindy!!)
- 6/19/11 – KEEP (4) coupons out of the RedPlum: $3/1 Adams Product, $2/1 Benadryl topical Product, $1/1 Caladryl Product, $1/1 Cortaid Poison Ivy Removal Scrub (two of these don’t expire until 12/31/2012)
- 6/26/11 – PURGE the entire file, everything has expired!
- 7/3/11 only had a P&G insert that expired 7/31/11, so PURGE the entire file! (if you haven’t already)
- 7/10/11 – **If out side of FL: KEEP (1) coupon out of SmartSource: $2/1 Pilgrim’s Frozen Fully Cooked Chicken ***NOT IN THE FL PAPERS***
- 7/17/11 – KEEP (2) coupons: (1) out of the SmartSource: $1.50/1 GenTeal Product (expires 11/30/11); (1) out of the Parade: $6/1 Bausch & Lomb PreserVision
- 7/24/11 – KEEP (1) coupon out of the SmartSource: $1/1 Finlandia Cheese
- 7/31/11 – KEEP (12) total coupons: (11) coupons out of the SmartSource: $0.50/1 Band-Aid Adhesive Bandage, $0.75/1 Efferdent Product or Effergrip, (2) $0.35/1 Eggland’s Eggs coupons, (6) Listerine/Reach Coupons, and $0.75/1 Snackwells Bars AND (1) coupon out of the RedPlum: $3/1 Bengay Product
- 8/7/11 – KEEP the ENTIRE SmartSource Insert, there are more than (15) UNexpired coupons inside. PURGE the GM and RedPlum inserts, **IF outside of FL** there are (3) coupons to keep out of the RedPlum insert: $3/3 Purina Tidy Cats (expires tomorrow, 11/7), and (2) Goya coupons that expire on 11/15 **NOT IN THE FL PAPERS**
- 8/14/11 – KEEP (15) coupons: (8) out of the SmartSource: $2/1 Biore product, $1/2 Dynamo/Ajax/Fab or Niagara Product, $0.75/1 El Monterey Mexican snacks, $1.50/1 Excedrin 80+, $2/1 Lysol Clean Flip Starter Kit, $1/1 Lysol Clean-Flip Cloths, and $30 off Philips Norelco Senso Touch Razor AND (7) out of the RedPlum: $0.50/1 Angel Soft Bath Tissue, $0.50/1 Brawny Paper Towels, $0.50/1 Era Product, $1/2 Hefty One Zip Bags, $1/1 Vanity Fair Hando Towels, $0.55/1 Vanity Fair Napkins and $0.55/1 Vanity Fair Plates. There are also a couple “extra” coupons not expired yet, a Harbor Freight Tools and Vitamin World.
- 8/21/11 – KEEP (8) coupons out of the SmartSource insert: $1/1 Coach Brand Product, $1/1 Dole Real Fruit Bites, $0.75/1 French’s Honey Mustard, $1/1 Hidden Valley Farmhouse dressing, $1/1 Hidden Valley Salad Kit, $1/3 Hot Pockets, $1.50/2 Johnson & Johnson Red Cross products, $0.55/1 Frigo String Cheese (this Frigo Cheese was NOT in the FL Papers)
- 8/28/11 – KEEP (24) total coupons: (14) out of the SmartSource Insert: $0.35/1 4Grain Eggs, $1/1 Crunchmaster Crackers, $1/1 Neutrogena Facial Cleanser, $2/1 Neutrogena Facial Moisturizer, $0.75/2 Pace Product, $1/1 Pom Lite, $1/1 Revlon Beauty tool, $0.50/1 Rid-X septic System treatment, $2/1 Seattles Best Iced Latte, $1/1 Tena Pads, $1/1 Tena Underwear, $1/1 Terra Chips, $1/1 Triple Wash Diaper Rash Formula, $0.50/1 White Castle Hamburgers AND (10) from the RedPlum Insert: $0.65/1 Domino Granulated Sugar, $0.50/2 Domino Brown or Confectioners sugar, $0.50/1 Ferrero Rondnoir confections pkg, $1/1 Garnier Fructis Shampoo/Conditioner, $1/1 Garnier Fructis Style product, $5 off MIR Marcal Small Steps & DVD purchase, $1/1 Nutella Product, $1/1 Visine Product, $2/1 Visine with Hydroblend, $2/1 Visine-A
- 9/11/11 – KEEP this entire File Folder…there are more than (30) UNexpired coupons in the SmartSource Insert alone.
- 9/18/11 to Present KEEP all file folders…there are too many UNexpired coupons inside!
You too can easily keep track of what is NOT expired by printing the Regional Differences for your specific newspaper HERE, then take a quick peek down the alphabetized list and PURGE anything that has already expired! Yep, it’s THAT EASY!! This also helps GREATLY when you can’t find a coupon, the alphabetical list is a quick reference for your coupon insert! Yes!
Tips to keep your Q Box lean:
- P&G Coupon inserts expire almost monthly. So those can be mailed off to the Military as soon as a new one comes in the newspaper.
- GM Coupon inserts also have a very short expiration date and therefore can be purged sooner that the rest of the inserts.
- Dollar General puts their weekly ad inside the SmartSource Coupon insert. It is only good for the week in which it comes in the Insert. So to save space PURGE IMMEDIATELY!!! (just save one out IF you want to use it during the week!).
- Do you have coupons you don’t need or surely won’t use? Specific products, like Pet and Baby coupons can usually be used by someone else locally. If you have Baby Coupons you are not going to use (that have NOT Expired yet), please send them to Lifecare of Brandon, 122 N. Moon Ave, Brandon, FL 33510. They would love to pass them along to someone in need!
How do we send our expired coupons to the Military?
- If you have been couponing for a while now, you are probably accumulating some great expired coupons. Don’t you just hate to toss them? Well, you don’t have to! Military families outside the USA can use your expired coupons!
- Military bases outside of the USA will accept manufacture coupons up to 6 months past their expiration date.
- They can use manufacture coupons only, no store coupons are accepted (so don’t included booklets or the Green or Yellow advantage flyers from Publix).
Here’s what you do:
- Get an envelope or “flat rate” box to put all your coupons inside. Priority Mail Boxes and Envelopes are provided for free from USPS, standard domestic rates apply when you mail to an APO or FPO address.
- Print a letter to include with your coupons HERE.
- Choose a Military Family Services Center or Commissary (military base grocery store) to send the coupons to (see list from our friend Michelle HERE), write the address on your printed form.