Here at True Couponing, we receive questions daily about all kinds of things pertaining to couponing. To help answer your questions, we will regularly post Questions and Answers to some of the Frequently Asked Questions we receive from our readers.
Today’s question comes from a comment left on the website…
Could you please clarify when a coupon states on it “One Per Purchase” vs “One Per Transaction”?
We LOVE to clarify coupon questions!! Come along for the ride…
- One per Purchase – each ITEM you buy is considered a “Purchase”. So if you are buying 6 jars of Ragu Spaghetti Sauce, then you can use a coupon on each purchase. If you have a $1 off (1) item coupon, then you can use 6 coupons. BUT what if your coupon is for $1 off (2) items? Then you must buy (2) jars of sauce to use that one coupon. If you are purchasing (6) jars, you could use (3) $1 off (2) Ragu coupons.
- One per Transaction – each time you check out or pay for your groceries is considered a “Transaction.” You can use any coupon stating “one per transaction” only ONCE per time you check out or pay for your groceries. So, if you have a $5 off a $30 purchase coupon, you can use it when you purchase $30 worth of groceries. If you have (2) $5 off a $30 purchase coupons, you will need to divide your order into (2) separate transactions in order to use both coupons. Simply tell the cashier you would like to pay for your order in two transactions. When your subtotal reaches $30, stop the cashier and check out using a $5 off $30 coupon. Then resume the rest of your order and use the other coupon on that transaction as long as it also totals at least $30.
Still not quite sinking in? Did you know we give FREE coupon workshops all over the Tampa and Orlando areas? Just go HERE to find one that fits your schedule. You can also host a True Couponing Workshop for FREE. Send an email to Workshops@TrueCouponing.com and you’ll get an auto-reply with a Workshop Request Form. (Yes, that is FREE too! We love to share our knowledge! It’s contagious!)
Do you have more questions?
- Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
- Browse through our previously posted FAQs.
- Questions about Workshops can be sent to Save@TrueCouponing.com or visit our Workshop Information page.
- Leave a comment on the post you have a question about (especially if it is a current store list). Sometimes another reader will even respond before we can!
- View the schedule of upcoming classes and register for a class HERE.
If you still can’t find your answer, email us at Save@TrueCouponing.com and we will do our best to help you!